How to apply
The registration for Spring University Prague 2019 is finished. Thank you for all your applications!
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
- The programme is intended for students who are currently enrolled in a college or university or recently graduated.
- To be considered for admission, you have to submit the On-line Application Form.
- The application deadline is March 1, 2019. Nevertheless, who applies earlier has a better chance on admission.
- Approximately 20–30 students will be admitted to the Spring University.
- As has been the case in past years, it is expected that the student body will be truly international.
- Students admitted to the program are expected to participate fully, which means attending all classes and lectures.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the Spring University.
After receiving your Application Form, the programme coordinator will inform you about the current state of the application process and ask you to send the following documents:
- Your CV (in English language)
- A motivation letter
- A document proving your enrollment in a college or university or your recent graduation (for example a confirmation letter/form issued by your university, copies of relevant diplomas and transcripts, etc. A scan or a photo of such a document is sufficient. It may be submitted in the language in which it was originally issued. If we need a translation, we will ask for it.)
- Proof of your knowledge of English (if you are not a native speaker). We require at least the B2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (http://www.coe.int/…ework_EN.pdf – easy explanation on the page No. 24). You will be asked to send us either: a copy of a language exam certificate or an official confirmation that you have passed an university course in English or another course in English at the required level. In the case you study/studied an academic programme which is being taught entirely in English, the document proving your enrollment or graduation will be considered as a proof of your knowledge of English.
Decisions on admission
- Decisions on admission are made on a rolling basis according to the review rounds described below.
- Application which will be received before February 19, 2019 will be reviewed in the fourth review round on February 20, 2019. In this review we still offer cca 15 students a position in the programme. Those selected will be asked to confirm their attendance and pay the programme fee within cca two weeks.
- Applications which will be received between February 20, 2019 and March 1, 2019, will be considered separately and the students will be informed immediately (until 10 p.m. the day they sent the application documents) if they are admitted or not.
- Usually only 50 % of students who receive an offer to participate, actually decide to attend. Places which are not secured in early rounds are offered in subsequent rounds.
Criteria for decisions on admission
- Your interest in international affairs and development in Europe (your field of study at the university, jobs and internships, volunteering, student competitions, other summer schools, etc.)
- Your year of study (more advanced students are being preferred)
- Intercultural competence (knowledge of foreign languages, experience of living, studying or working abroad, etc.)
In the case of very similar achievements in the criteria above, the country of origin may be taken into account. Because we are trying to create a truly international group of students, we would prefer to offer the possibility to participate in our programme to students from a diverse set of countries around the world.
Some statistics about the application process from one of our previous programs, the Spring University Prague 2017:
- 153 Online Application Forms received, but only ca. 50 % of these applicants sent us all the required documents
- 39 applicants got an offer to participate in our spring study programme
- 29 students participated in April 2017 (the capacity was full)
Spring University 2018
Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
CZ-110 00 Praha 1
Tel: (+420) 251 080 250
Fax:(+420) 251 620 294
Facebook: Spring and Summer Universities Prague